Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Halloween Movie Night

Happy Halloween everyone!! October is the one month I really allow myself to partake in everything horror related. Normally I am scared easily and try to avoid anything that would scare me, but you can't do that for October! You have to let the spooky season in and enjoy it. Now that I'm an adult(without children) I am too old for trick or treating and parties are pretty hit and miss for me. However, if I have absolutely no plans for Halloween then I always plan a movie night. Popcorn, yummy food, candy, drinks and Halloween themed/Horror movies. So for tonight I'll be staying up late watching some of the awesome movies Hulu has available.


Hocus Pocus - Anyone who hasn't seen or heard of Hocus Pocus is a person I don't need in my life. Well honestly, it's one of the greatest movies ever made. I love Hocus Pocus and make sure it gets plenty of screen time for the month of October. It's not scary, so it's easy for me to enjoy. Plus Sarah Jessica Parker, Bette Midler and Kathy Najimy make the perfect trio. This is one of the few movies where if they made a sequel years later I'd support it just because I know this cast would never let me down!

Halloween (1978) - The original Halloween, need I say more? I am not big on horror movies, but I think I'd have to be a fool to not include this movie(and some of it's sequels) on a Halloween movie night! It's a classic!

Casper - Speaking of classics, I can't do a movie night without my childhood favorite. I definitely loved Casper Meets Wendy more, but since no store seemed to have that in stock, and hulu didn't either, I knew I could settle enjoy the original just as much!

Scream - Another of the slasher movie greats. I didn't learn to appreciate this movie until I got older and after I had watched the Scary Movie parodies several times! Now I kind of love it.

13 Ghosts - An old movie that I use to be kind of obsessed with as a kid. It scared me, but I enjoyed the stories.

The Addams Family - A personal favorite of mine. I always loved the series and especially loved The Addams Family Values. Wednesday Addams, my love!

Halloweentown - I use to watch this every year as a kid/tween and then I kind of got over it. My mother's love for the movie put it back on my radar and now I kind of have to watch it and reminisce.

Friday the 13th - I think this one kind of speaks for itself. Another horror movie I greatly avoided, because I scare easily. My family loved it, of course and now it gets played once a year at least.

Nightmare on Elm Street - Same as above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi & welcome to my blog! Thank you for reading my post and leaving comments!! I try to respond to all comments and will return a visit to your site if you leave a link! Have a great day!